If there is ever a type of a reader I want to be identified as, it would be as an eclectic reader.I have always liked to explore books from different genres,to read books off the beaten track and find out which are to my liking.And what better way to discover new books and stretch my horizon than to participate in an eclectic reading challenge?
The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2015. During that time period I will read and review at least 12 books from the following categories.
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
- A novel published before you were born
- Contemporary romance
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
- Science Fiction set in space
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure : If I Fall,If I Die by Michael Christie
I haven’t selected my reading list yet and would add a book to the list as I read.You can help me by suggesting some of your favourite reads from the genres listed above or simply drop by to boost my morale.Or better yet you could go and sign up for the challenge yourself and give me company. 🙂 It would be more fun.Hoping to be better read by the end of 2015 and entertain you with my musings of my eclectic reading adventure.Stay tuned!